Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Soft.Engg Vs poeT

Subject: nice poem for all of us
***************************
Original Version
***************************
I travelled across the seas,
over the mountains,
all in search of truth,
in search of peace...

I wandered through the plains
and the rivers all seasons,
all for that intangible...

I submitted myself to many an Ashram,
many a Rishi,
all for that invisible...

I visited the Madhushala all nights
to taste that moment's peace,
that eluded me all my life...

Then, on a rainy morning,
spring came to me as Saranya
to give 'life' to my barren life!

One evening, I held her up and asked,
"Hey you girl, tell me - Where do I get peace!"
With that marvelous smile of an angel,
she placed her tender fingers over her heart
and said there it is...

****************************************************
Now for ... The software engineer's version:
--------------------------------
I jumped jobs, across towns,
across countries,
all in search of technology,
in search of money,
in search of peace...

I wandered through RDBMS,
OOPs, GUI and Networking,
all for that intangible...

I submitted myself to many a course,
many a guru,
all for that invisible...

I worked all nights,
spent hours staying back,
to taste at least a moment's peace,
that eluded me all my professional life...

Then, on a power-out morning,
spring came to me as Sarayana
to give 'life' to my barren life!

One evening, I called her up and asked,
"Hey consultant, tell me -
Where do I get peace!"
With that marvelous smile of a professional
she placed her tender fingers on the U.S map
and said: "Indians think there it is !!"

No comments: